Foster Grandparent Program
Share Today, Shape Tomorrow…
As a Foster Grandparent, you’re a role model, a mentor and a friend, serving at local schools and youth facilities. You help children learn to read, provide one-on-one tutoring, and guide children at a critical time in their lives.
When you volunteer, you’re not just helping others, you’re helping yourself. Volunteering leads to new discoveries and new friends.
Benefits of FGP
Seniors who meet income eligibility receive:
- $2.65 per hour at 15-20 hours per week minimum. The stipend is not taxable and is not in any way considered income.
- Annual recognition
- Mileage allowance or bus fare reimbursement
- Daily meal at volunteer site
- Supplemental Accident and Liability Insurance Coverage while volunteering
- 40 hours of pre-service orientation, training, and on-going monthly training
- Must be 55 years of age or older
- Enjoy working with children
- Approved health clearance by physician
- FBI, DOJ, and National Sex Offender background check clearances
For more information, call (530) 226-3098.